Monday, December 28, 2009

So I have made the trip and am now in Ireland. I thought I would post a few pictures to show what I'm doing here.

Firstly I just want everyone to know that street signs in Ireland have Gaelic on them as well as English. I knew this before going. What I didn't know is that most streets in Dublin don't have signs AT ALL and even then sometime they only have Gaelic. This makes getting around confusing before you figure out what you are doing.



This is the Temple Bar where I am staying. Basically it is a concentrated group of bohemians. Which is cool, its just easy to feel out of place if you are looking for peace and quiet. I can't really complain though because I am within a two minutes walk to all the good places to eat.


Ha'Penny bridge is right across the street from my hostel.


Dublin town at its best. Double decker buses on cobblestones and brick buildings


Trinity college. Really beautiful buildings, right in the middle of Dublin.


More of Trinity College






Molly Malone.


Grafton street (Which probably would have been a lot cooler if I liked shopping)


St. Stephen's Green. I sat on a bench and wrote for 2 hours before I realized what time it was


Christ Church. So the only lens that I have that would stop down far enough is my 50 prime and I couldnt get back far enough to get a good picture but hopefully you can see how beautiful the building is.


Obviously I had to go to the Guiness storeroom. I am, after all, a 21 year old male in Ireland.


After the self-guided tour, where you learn all about how Guiness is made and distributed you get to the top called the Gravity Bar where they give you a free pint. I'm not saying I drank it, and that's all I'm saying.





The aftermath of "someones" Guiness.

Keep in mind all of this has happened today. Needless to say I am extremely tired. To remedy that I think that I am going to go to bed, and I don't plan on waking up for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Chris. Can't wait to see more. Hope you got a great nights sleep and wake up rested and relaxed and ready to go again in the morning. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Dad says great photos. Once you get over the tiredness and the jet lag you will really be able to enjoy yourself. Jet lag sucks. Have fun and enjoy this time!

Andra Beth said...

ah baby i love you! I've looked at your pictures so many times now and it brings back more memories everytime! I can't wait to hear all about your adventure.